Monday, May 10, 2010

Pancakes Revised!


Finn was taking a nap so I took an opportunity to try these again...


Pumpkin Pancakes

61 Calories a cake
(pro: 4.2, carb: 10.2, fat: .5)
4 cakes with 5 grams slivered almonds and 1/4 cup sugar free syrup:
Calories: 294.1 Carbohydrates: 50
Protein: 18.1 Fat: 4.7 total

100g oatmeal

120g buckwheat flour

1 tsp stevia in the raw baking
1 scoop cake batter
1 tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup organic pumpkin puree
4 tbsp Egg Beaters
3 Tbsp TJ pear sauce
3/4 Cup Greek Yogurt mixed with H20 In place of milk equating 2 cups.

Oh wow these were so much better and softer than the first ones!

I used half buckwheat flour and half oatmeal by suggestion and just used the food processor to make the oatmeal like a flour. I added to the flour/oat mix the stevia, cake batter protein, baking powder and cinnamon. In another bowl I did the puree, eggs, pear sauce and greek yogurt "milk." I mixed the two in the larger bowl and started cooking them on medium low. I think the temperature could be lower so that they can cook longer and not burn. I found that right off the bat they seemed like they were undercooked but after keeping them in the toaster oven on warm while i made the rest i had no problem. This made about 20 pancakes using a 1/4 cup to pour them.
Try these ones……


No comments:

Post a Comment