Sunday, May 9, 2010

My first real flop, Flapjacks.

I don't think that they were as bad as I'm making them sound, but Derrick wouldn't eat them. I think that says a lot! First off I forgot to mix the buckwheat with oatmeal to make them fluffier and less dense. Secondly, there defiantly wasn't enough puking flavor. I would have liked to taste it more no next time I make them I plan on adding more. Lastly I used pear sauce instead of oil because I heard somewhere that apple sauce was a good substitute for oil, and well I had no applesauce so I used pear sauce. Well here it is in case anyone wants to try it or even make it better… Please add your comments and let me know how it goes.


Pumpkin Pancake (Serving: One Cake)

Calories: 78 Carbohydrates: 13.9

Protein: 5.5 Fat: .6


1.5 Scoop Muscle Gauge Cake Batter Protein (Mixed with water in place of Milk to equal 1 3/4 cup)

1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree

1 Tsp. Salt

1/2 Cup Egg Beaters

2 Cups Buckwheat Flour

2 Tbsp. Trader Joe's Pear Sauce (40g)

1 Tsp Baking Soda

1.25 Tbsp. Cinnamon

6 Packets of Stevia in the Raw


In a medium sized bowl add the flour, Stevia in the Raw, baking powder, cinnamon and salt (The original recipe calls for Pumpkin Pie Spice but I had none so I just used cinnamon. In a second bow add the protein mixed with water with the pumpkin, egg beaters and and pear sauce. Once its fully incorporated add it to the flour mixture. I used a 1/4 measuring cup to pour it onto the pan. I used medium heat and they cooked pretty quickly so be mindful that they don't burn.

If you need help with the calorie conversion if you end up with more or less pancakes the batter had 1092 calories so in the end just divide by however many cakes you get.


Good Luck with these, I hope yours turn out better than mine did.


Source:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pumpkin-Pancakes-3/Detail.aspx


No comments:

Post a Comment