Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I guess it would just be called pain (in french), my attempt at French Toast.

I've actually tried French Toast before this, but I just tried this one and I think its the best.

French Toast Third Try (1 Slice per serving)

Calories: 76.4 Carbohydrates: 7.7

Protein: 9.8 Fat: .5

10 Slices Sara Lee 100% Whole Wheat Bread (45 Cal each)

3/4 Cup Egg Beaters

1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract

1 Tsp. Cinnamon

2 Scoops Muscle Gauge "Ice Cream Sandwich"


I take the Egg Beaters and use a hand held shake blender and mix in the protein powder. It was much thicker then I planned on because I got a little over excited with adding the protein (but hey I got the protein up pretty high so I think it worked out!). Either way it was so thick that I added enough water to make the liquid equate about 2 cups. Plus, of course, the cinnamon and vanilla. The mix seemed a little thin once I started dipping the slices of bread but all together they turned out really well. I just make sure that all the pieces are pretty soaked and I cook them on medium low heat for a minute or two until they are browned. I flip them and they're done.


I use a sugar-free syrup on my French Toast but I find that I always want just a little more…. So I've been adding a little sugar-free coffee syrup that I get from cash and carry to supplement the syrup. So I add a little English Toffee flavoring and stir it up and pour it on top….. It stretches the syrup a little and adds a nutty element to it with out adding the fat!


I hope someone else can enjoy this as much as I did!


I borrowed ideas from Kristen to get this recipe together.

No comments:

Post a Comment